Monday, July 23, 2012

DIY: Coat Hooks



Materials:
a piece of wood
paint
paintbrush
4 hooks
(I found mine at Anthropologie and Home Depot)
sandpaper
screw driver
pencil

Sand faces and edges of your piece of wood
Paint the wood.

FUN FACT: You can buy paint samples at Home Depot in ANY color for just 2.79
Once paint is dry, sand again around edges for a weathered look.
Mark with a pencil where screws will go.
Use screw driver to attach hooks to wood.

And...

I'm moving into a new house soon and I think this will look great on the wall of my new bedroom to house my favorite coats and purses. But, it would also make a great coat rack to hang by the front door...I'll let you know what I decide.

Happy Monday!

Yours Truly,




3 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi Ariel! First of all, I LOVE this coat hanger idea! I'm all about quirky unusual accessories...might just have to copy this idea :-)

Secondly, I read your comment on my post yesterday over on "Story of my Life", and just thought I'd pop over here and thank you for it! I was like you, shielded from the Harry books as a child, and then promptly fell in love with them as an adult! In some ways, I think they're more adult literature than childrens...-

Anyway, always so fun to meet a fellow Harry fan! Hope your day has been a good one so far :-)

Michaela said...

Hi friend :) This turned out so cute! I saw your comment on one of the girls who linked up with me and thought-- wow! That looks like the Ariel I know :) YAY for blogging.

Michaela said...

Hi friend :) This turned out so cute! I saw your comment on one of the girls who linked up with me and thought-- wow! That looks like the Ariel I know :) YAY for blogging.