Sunday, July 15, 2012

Muffin me: Take 1

I love muffins. Let's be honest, I love all pastries. So as you can imagine, I was thrilled to find a whole section of new (and healthy!) muffins to try in my Monday morning Martha Stewart Whole Living email! Choosing which kind to make first was difficult, but I eventually settled on cinnamon-carrot muffins. Needless to say, they were delicious and you gotta try them!

Photo: John Kernick

Here's what you'll need:


3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons wheat germ
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 cups finely grated carrots (4-5 carrots)


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Step 1: Mix flours, wheat germ, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Then whisk remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.

Step 2: Fold dry ingredients into wet and mix until combined.

Step 3: Spoon batter into cups.

Step 4: Bake muffins for about 20-22 minutes.


What up incredibly delicious and somewhat healthy carrot-cinnamon morsels!

Enjoy :)

Yours Truly,


No comments: