Monday, July 30, 2012

Posts From the Office #2


Well, it's that time of the week again. MONDAY. That means another five full days of life in the office.

Here are a couple things that I've had the pleasure of starting my week off with...

1. First thing is first. Listen to all voicemails left from student's who called after hours. Love this job. This morning I had, not one, but TWO students leave a seven digit call back number. Seven digits?! (In what time period did you give someone your 7-digit phone number?) So what am I left to do? Try all 296 area codes in the US until I reach the correct "Sarah Thompson". 

2. A mom and her son walk into the office to check-in for their campus tour. I hand him (the student) the routine paperwork to look over and an information packet about the campus. His mom literally pushes him aside, looks over his papers, tells me the information we have for him is correct, grabs the folder, and takes a seat. The poor kid just looks and me and then follows his mom out into the lobby. I be he CAN'T WAIT to go to college. 

3. Someone I talked to on the phone today told me that "Ariel" originated in Spain and was a common hispanic name. I mean...he could be correct. Or not, because my parents named me after the rebel preacher's daughter from the movie Footloose. And no part of that movie screams hispanic to me. But maybe...

Clearly, it's going to be a great week!

Any other good Monday stories?
I know you all have them.

Yours Truly,


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to start your Monday off right ;) Sounds like you won't be bored all week!

Kimberly Erskine said...

It's interesting that they said the name originated from Spain because I thought it was a Hebrew name. One of my students, from back when I was a House Fellow, was named Ariel, but it was pronounced "auri-elle."