Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DIY: Anthro Inspired Cup & Saucer

This weekend, I was browsing through the kitchenware on Anthropologie's website. It is all so adorable and SO out of my price range. And then I thought, "I could totally make something similar for way less money". So with a little help from Goodwill and Pinterest, here is a easy and affordable alternative to add a little class to your kitchen. 

Begin with a plain white cup and saucer.


Using a pencil, draw a rough draft of your design.


Gather together several Sharpie pens in a variety of colors.


Trace over pencil with any colored Sharpie. Bake cup and saucer in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before washing and using.


Any new girl fans out there? The season 2 premier was last night and you better believe I put my homework on hold to watch it. And it did not disappoint. If you don't watch it, it's not too late to get on board for a half hour every Tuesday of pure heart warming sitcom perfection.

Also, On A Whim is now on facebook!
Go check it out and give it some FB lovin'.

Happy Hump Day!

Much Love,


17 comments:

Jo said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love it! Such a great idea. I must say, also, that I love your blog. New follower!

nini said...

Oh, It is just so adorable! I love it!
Merrily Merrily,

Nini

Alyssa said...

All of Anthro's mugs and saucers are so cute–I recently did one up to post on my blog, too! Really, I'd live in that store if it wouldn't lead to my arrest...

-Alyssa
The Glossy Life

Erin Marie said...

this is cute! i did this as a wedding gift with mr. and mrs. and their name on them. i liked the design but when i baked them the colors really faded...bummer! yours is darling though

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I have to try it.

Chelsea said...

This is an adorable idea! I love so many tea/coffee cups that I see, but they're mostly too expensive. I'll have to try this out for sure :)

B said...

adorable cup idea! ALSO - love new girl. probably my favorite comedy in the running with modern family :) the husb and i's favorite comedies to watch together :) lol

Katie Did What said...

What a cute tea cup! I love it :)

Unknown said...

what a fun and easy DIY! i will def have to try :)


xo SideSmile,
Ashley

SideSmile Style Blog

Chelsea said...

I forgot to mention that New Girl is my favorite! :)

livlovelaugh said...

so cute!

-liv
http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

Faith said...

This turned out so well! I'll have to bookmark this for my friends. :)

Amy said...

so cute, are you able to dishwasher them after?

http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

Pretty in Polkadot said...

I love this! So easy, yet stunning! How cool would it be to have a whole collection of eclectic looking tea cups of different designs. Definitely adds a nice personal touch to your kitchen!

Unknown said...

This is too cute! I've been seeing these DIY dishes on Pinterest, and I might just need to try it. Thanks for sharing Ariel!

Oh, and I absolutely adore New Girl. So glad it's back!

xoxo,
Joelle

Michaela said...

So creative, girl! I love the adorable cup and saucer. Two of my favorite things :) They always make me sad the tea cup isn't still there!! No tea shops here in LA (at least none that I've found yet!)

Sammantha said...

Aw, I love this! I wonder if I can convince my husband to let me doodle a mug. I feel like I've been to your blog before and lost ya, not again girlfriend, not again :)

Loving the blog, your design is perfection.

Stop by and say hi sometime!
www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com