Monday, September 24, 2012

This city that I love

This is a humbow. If you have never had one, you haven't lived. 
I haven't been to very many big US cities. But I do know that Seattle is one of the best cities in the world. I love all of the water that surround the city. I love watching cruise ships come in and ferry boats go back and forth. I love watching sailboats and kayakers and paddle boarders on a sunny summer day. I love the crisp, cold air and the rain that makes the grass and trees so green. I love driving into the city at night and seeing the whole sky lit up with the buildings' lights. I love watching the little yellow elevators go up and down the space needle. I LOVE the food. I love the people, in all forms that they come in. I love never feeling bored and always having something to do or somewhere new to explore. I love going to Mariners games. I love the Starbucks on the 40th floor of the Columbia Tower that overlooks the entire city. I love how unique each neighborhood of Seattle is. I love that a 30 minute drive can take me out of the city and put me right in the middle of nature. And I love that on a clear day, you can see the entire Olympic Mountain range. It is absolutely breathtaking. 

What do you love about the city you live in? 

Much Love,


P.S. I have some exciting posts lined up this week that I can't wait to share with you so stay tuned!


11 comments:

Charlotte said...

Sounds so lovely :) I kind of want to visit now!

Charlotte's Web

Tyler said...

I've been to Seattle twice, and I love it! My older sister lives there, so hopefully I will be back soon, it's beautiful! :)

B said...

i love cities too! :) i've been to seattle, NYC and Boston - have to say Boston tops em' all (probably just because it's home... haha :) ) but Seattle is a CLOSE second! and it will be home soon! just 4 more months til' i can call Seattle home! :) yay!

Sarah said...

Whatever that food is it looks delicious. Oh, and your hair always looks so cute! Do you use a straightener to curl your hair?

The Millers said...

I haven't been to seattle. Looks like a blast! Those flowers are gorgeous!!

sjdmiller.blogspot.com

Mandee said...

I'd love to spend more time in Seattle :) I'm going up next weekend!
I love Portland for so many reasons. I love the bridges and the coffee shops and the runners and the greenery. I love the west hills and the city life!

Katie Did What said...

Oh, Seattle. LOVE that city, too! I lived there for a couple months one summer with a friend. It was so amazing being able to walk to Pike Place and explore the banks of the Puget Sound. We spent some time in the library, too, and I remember it being SO huge and GORGEOUS!
Did you dye your hair?? It looks darker, and so good! And those flowers are pretty- I need to get a bouquet of sunflowers!
xo

Erin Marie said...

i love this city too! i went on a particularly sunny day which is why i think i like it...but it really is amazing and a great place to stroll around in.

Alyssa said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love these little peeks into Seattle...especially since I've never gotten the chance to visit!

-Alyssa
The Glossy Life

erica marie said...

my sis used to live in Seattle and she love it as well. I should have visited her when she was out there.

xo erica

aimymichelle said...

i love seattle. i live here too! its glorious. i don't really go downtown much. just stay in my little area of west seattle.