Monday, October 1, 2012

Tuesday Trends: The Leather Jacket

Studded Leather Jacket // Carmel Leather Jacket // Black Zipper Jacket // Alexander Wang Jacket

I am having a small love affair with leather jackets at the moment. 
I. LOVE. THEM.
They add the perfect amount of sophistication, structure, and edge. And they can quickly change the entire look of an outfit. These are a few leather looks that I especially love. 

I have been in the market for a leather jacket for some time now. Finding the perfect one is a lot harder than I thought it would be. However, here are some qualities that I have found helpful to look for when shopping...

Make sure it's not too boxy--You want the jacket to look chic, not manly. 
Find a jacket with some shape.
(I love the extra-wide collars that fold over!)
Don't limit yourself to just black leather! Taupe and beige are also great neutrals.
Look for a jacket with unique detail.
(Whether that be studs, zippers, buttons, snaps, fringe, etc.)

What fall trends are you excited about?

Much Love,


5 comments:

Jo said...

usually I don't like leather jackets, but these are so pretty! I love how they're paired with dresses, the combo looks adorable!

Alyssa said...

I honestly thought I had nailed my "leather jacket style"...I have two and I'm pretty in love with them. However, these ones you rounded up are GORGEOUS, Ariel! I love the rockstar vibe the have. The tan one is calling my name!

-Alyssa
The Glossy Life

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

Ooh, I love this post! I'm looking forward to all the chunky sweaters and skinny jeans...ah-mazing!

B said...

i have the CUTEST brown "leather" jacket i got from F21 two years ago! they actually have some really great ones in stock right now! go look!